Re: Backwards compatibility of new selectors

From: Douglas Rand <drand@pobox.engr.sgi.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 12:41:16 -0800
To: Chris Lilley <Chris.Lilley@sophia.inria.fr>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
>  Douglas, you have made your point and we can all sympathise with your
>  predicament. Is it really too late to make your implementation a CSS1
>  compliant one? ...

Actually I can easily fix the issues in my implementation.  I wasn't
primarily upset about the implications for our fairly out of the way
browser,  more I was worried about the group not paying enough attention
to existing implementations and the problems which *could* possibly
be avoided.

Actually I think that I'd like to see a more human readable syntax,
and I'm really against things which look like APL (although I used
to love that language).  So I'd like to see more work in the area
of extending selectors.