Re: Backwards compatibility of new selectors

From: Neil St.Laurent <neil@bigpic.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 14:09:15 -0600
To: drand@pobox.engr.sgi.com (Douglas Rand)
CC: www-style@w3.org
> Actually I think that I'd like to see a more human readable syntax,
> and I'm really against things which look like APL (although I used
> to love that language).  So I'd like to see more work in the area of
> extending selectors..

I think the human-readable aspect is highly overrated.  Maybe
authoring tools should be used to have a clearer idea of what is
being done.

To me the syntax is perfectly readable, but to others it isn't.

The only problem with readability I have is this:

/DIV ~ P/

Is that style applying to the P or the DIV?
__