Re: The concept of cascading

It seems to me that the department that wants to implement red
underlinesfor links can do that
by creating a DSSSL style sheet from scratch (or by copying and modifying
the company standard one).

I can think of two things that might prevent this. First, a company policy
saying which things
you can and can't modify. The second is that it is hard to modify DSSSL
style sheets.

The first method works with CSS also (although CSS doesn't provide a way to
specify in the
stylesheet, which things policy allows you to update. The other is security
by obscurity,
which in my opinion is not much security at all.