Re: colours for bullets - this one is simple, works, & addresses

From: Fred L. Drake <fdrake@CNRI.Reston.VA.US>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 11:44:04 -0400 (EDT)
To: David Perrell <davidp@earthlink.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
David Perrell wrote:

> I believe that tables and lists can logically be children of a
> paragraph.

David,
  Can you site a precedent?  I don't believe I've ever seen this.  If
the intention is to make the table & paragraph appear side by side,
the sibling relationship is appropriate.  The only reason to support
the table-as-child-of-paragraph approach would be to embed the table
into the text flow of the paragraph.  I can't think of a meaningful
example of this.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.