Re: CSS positioning and window dimensions

From: Robert Stevahn <rstevahn@boi.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 09:59:15 -0700
To: "David Perrell" <davidp@earthlink.net>
Cc: <www-style@w3.org>

> Even that is verboten. From the draft: "The <BODY> element defines a
> special implicit container having the following properties:
> Its position, width, height and clipping region are determined by the
> User Agent, and may not be modified. ...".

Stay tuned for the next version of the draft. This may change a bit.
If it doesn't change, it only means the addition of a single <DIV> to
do what you want.

We know that the current draft doesn't describe the "mother of all
positioning models." Our intent is to create a solid, extensible
base that will be implemented immediately.

Regards,
--
Robert Stevahn -- mailto:rstevahn@boi.hp.com
+1 208 396 4787 -- HP Business LaserJet Division