Re: what happens if first-line contains markup?

From: Lauren Wood <lauren@sqwest.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 14:13:23 -0700
To: preece@predator.urbana.mcd.mot.com, cwilso@microsoft.com
Cc: www-style@w3.org, html-erb@w3.org

> The next-to-last paragraph of section 3.2 of [1] says:
>

>   A 'STYLE' attribute on an element (see section 1.1 for an example)
>   should be considered as if an ID attribute had been specified at the
end
>   of the style sheet.
>
> which I read as I indicated. Since it goes on to say:
>
>   The UA may choose to honor other stylistic attributes (e.g. 'ALIGN')
as
>   if a 'STYLE' attribute had been used. When in conflict with other
>   stylistic attributes, the 'STYLE' attribute should win.
>
> I would say your interpretation was what they intended, anyway.
>
> ---
>
> | [1]: http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TR/WD-css1.html
>

> scott

This raises another question that I've been thinking about for a while -
it says that the STYLE attribute should win. This means that if someone
is silly enough to write
<FONT COLOR="red" STYLE="color: blue"> that they should get blue text.
Or does this sentence only apply to the ALIGN attribute?

Lauren