Re: what happens if first-line contains markup?

Lauren Wood writes:

 > This raises another question that I've been thinking about for a while -
 > it says that the STYLE attribute should win. This means that if someone
 > is silly enough to write
 > <FONT COLOR="red" STYLE="color: blue"> that they should get blue text.

Since the two are in direct conflict, the STYLE attribute should win
(as defined in 3.2 of the CSS1 spec). It's less clear for other
stylisitc attributes, and the spec does not dictate any behavior.
Perhaps we should?

Regards,

-h&kon

http://www.w3.org/people/howcome  howcome@w3.org