Re: Introducing NetscapeML

From: Matthew James Marnell <marnellm@portia.portia.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 1996 18:20:28 -0400
To: marym@finesse.com (Mary Morris)
Cc: thomasre@microsoft.com, alexed@netscape.com, www-style@w3.org, html-erb@w3.org, www-html@w3.org
:>Don't stress too far on the latest Netscape sin. This isn't a closed
:>market. Netscape's lead is a precarious thing that can be ripped away
:>by bad karma in just a few web generations. They will have their due.
:>Just as Microsoft will for their long delays in Unix compatibility and
:>moderate delays in Mac compatibility. The wheel turns.

When you say that last sentence do you mean that MS may eventually
have a Unix version of their browser on the market?  On Unix, I have
a much larger choice of browsers than on the Mac.  In fact the only
major browser that I don't have access to on Unix is MSIE.  MSIE may
even be a welcome product for Unix platforms, if/when it ever comes
out.  In fact, I'd get rid of Netscape altogether (finally).

Matt

PS, the more versions of Unix supported the better.