Re: CSS and Eccentric Poems.

Stephanos Piperoglou wrote:

> *cough*
>
> <PRE>
> in Just-
> spring                                    when the world is mud-
> luscious the little
> lame baloonman
>
> whistles                   far                         and wee
> </PRE>
>
> Include the relevant style definitions for a fixed width font of your choice
> if you wish.

Okay, you win. Though Bert's suggestion, while more elaborate, goes a
little further towards correct in replacing the pixels with ems. But
simpler is always better. That's precisely why STRONG, EM, CITE, CODE,
etc. have not survived very well--they're too didactic and too complex
to explain to people--while B, I and TT seem straightforward. I think
SPACER may easily be replaced by something more straightforward, too.
But that's not to say we don't need this function. (I still like IMG
SRC=0).

Gayle Kidder