Re: Frames and Documents

From: Imagination's End <I.End@bigpic.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 12:24:59 -0600
To: www-style@w3.org
> user chooses should determine if they see frames or not. Or text in
> columns or not. That way when authoring, we can just write a
> manuscript and worry about the layout later.

I think this is fine for several purposes.  The problem I see with
this, is that if we can never specify the way something looks, we'll
all be left to live in a world of monotony.  If the author can't
decide any of the rendering (such as frames or columns), everything
will end up being the same (especially considering that MS and
Netscape will both have the same default styles, and most people will
never change them).
 ____
/