Re: RealNetworks Open Source and SMIL ?

Hi All,
That would be great news if Real released the SMIL code. SMIL for the
masses would take two big steps forward, thanks to RealNetworks.
The other huge step is supporting Ogg audio:
http://www.realnetworks.com/company/press/releases/2002/xiph.html

Save your audio in Ogg and your done :)

On the other hand the multimedia SMIL file may be going one step
backwards, with regards to open free image formats. Hopefully
Forgent is unsuccessful in their efforts of controlling jpeg.
http://www.idg.net/ic_892953_1794_9-10000.html

Maybe jpeg 2000 will have to replace jpeg.

Thanks again RealNetworks for taking the lead in
SMIL multimedia development.

Jose Ramirez

Flavor (about 500KB and 30s long, prefetched on RealOne):
http://www.geocities.com/ramirez_j2001/test3/flavor/flavor.smil