RE: Immediate content in text element

That could work, if I was using used HTML Browser or Real player but i'm not
using either. This is a fundamental question conserning the SMIL
specification it self. My application is more in the video editing domain
than just a web page. SMIL almost sounds that it could be the standard
format for video editing projects files. But its still too much focused on
the Web Browser and the Internet.

In a nuttshell, I wan't to build custom video player with some overlay text
capabilities and i was hoping that SMIL could be used to store those "custom
video" presentation files. No it seems that if a build and embed a custom
SMIL player for my application, i need also to build and embed HTML browser
also, because of the text formatting??? I think it's easier for me to just
extend SMIL tags to contain style information and immediate content like in
HTML...

- Jani