SMIL Mimetype / Hello!

From: Joe Crawford <joe@artlung.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 12:49:19 -0700
To: www-smil@w3.org
Hi all - new to the list, new to SMIL...

Downloaded the GRiNs editor and started playing. Uploaded the .smil file
to my webserver and it displays as text. : (

http://www.artlung.com/smil/first.smi
http://www.artlung.com/smil/first.sml
http://www.artlung.com/smil/first.smil

I found this with google:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoschka-smil-media-type-02.txt

Theoretically, those links should fire my RealPlayer G2, yes?
(Environment - Mac_PPC/NN4.51/RealPlayerG2 6.0.4.187)

Is this *all* I need to have my server admin add? Is this right?

AddType application/smil smi smil sml

I recall when the swf format was new, I experienced some resistance to
adding the Mimetype to the server. Are other folks seeing anything like this?

Any help would be appreciated.
	Joe
 Joe Crawford { ArtLung } _________ mailto:joe@artlung.com
 Web Designer + Integrator ________ http://www.artlung.com