RE: Some questions

From: Sander Gerritsen <s.gerritsen@libertel.nl>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 18:38:59 +0100
To: David.Shelton2@unisys.com
Cc: www-smil@w3.org
Hi,

[Alternatives to SMIL]
>I don't know about question #1, but if you get any answers, let me know.

I will.

>With question #2, if tele-learning is basically tutorials with video, then
>that's what I've been researching into with SMIL's.

Then I think you might me able to help me, somewhere in the near future :)

For example, I'll have to know how you can add notes to a 'tutorial with
audio/video'.

>If tele-learning is different, let me know and I'll see if I can find
>someone here who might know a better answer.

'Tutorials with video' is one aspect of tele-learning. In my case, tele-
learning has to approach the current situation as much as possible. One thing
I'll have to know is *how* you can model the real world (i.e. current
situation) and which modelling languages are suitable to do this. So
basically I'm looking for examples of the use of SMIL in a tele-learning
environment, especially with regard to learning tools.

Groeten, Sander