RE: Some questions

From: Shelton, David C <David.Shelton2@unisys.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 11:02:42 -0600
To: "'s.gerritsen@libertel.nl'" <s.gerritsen@libertel.nl>
Cc: "'www-smil@w3.org'" <www-smil@w3.org>
Hello Sander,

I don't know about question #1, but if you get any answers, let me know. My
company what's all possible solutions, so they can decide on the best.

With question #2, if tele-learning is basically tutorials with video, then
that's what I've been researching into with SMIL's. I've been able to
simulate closed captioning type scenarios and create multi-language help
systems. (Even thought I'm just in the beginning stages.)

If tele-learning is different, let me know and I'll see if I can find
someone here who might know a better answer.

david s.

<From: Sander Gerritsen>
> Hi,
>
> I hope someone here can help me with the following questions:
>
> 1) Can someone tell me what the alternatives to SMIL are, i.e. do there
exist
> (specification) languages that are similar to SMIL (e.g. HTML + TIME)?
Those
> (specification) languages don't have to be especially for
web-applications.