Re: Switch Tags

From: Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 11:28:28 +0100
To: "Shelton, David C" <David.Shelton2@unisys.com>
Cc: "'www-smil@w3.org'" <www-smil@w3.org>
> RealMedia understands (the best I can tell) the system-language option of
> switch, but GRiNS does not. (in fact, the only thing I can think of that
> GRiNS does support is system-bitrate.) does any one know of the different
> SMIL's viewers and what Text Attributes are supported?
>
> From experimenting, I've gotten the following with GRiNS and RealMedia
> 				GRiNS		RealMedia
> system-language		no		yes
> system-screen-depth	no		no
> system-screen-size	no		no
> system-bitrate		yes(?)	?
> the rest			?		?

GRiNS supports all of these, but trying your example has revealed a bug that
we weren't aware of: changing the preferences settings does not always take
effect immedeately. I will investigate this. Until a new version of the player
is released it is probably best to quit and restart the player after changing
preference values.
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm