Re: SMIL in SMIL?

From: Philipp Hoschka <Philipp.Hoschka@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 14:37:47 +0200
To: SHIBATA Seiki <seiki@flab.fujitsu.co.jp>
cc: www-smil@w3.org

On 05/10/1998, SHIBATA Seiki <seiki@flab.fujitsu.co.jp>  wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a question.
>
>  Can a SMIL presentation include other SMIL presentation?

Nothing in the SMIL spec prevents this

>It seems possible, if referrences to SMIL document are supported in
>`Media Object Element'. But two SMIL players (GRiNS and RealPlayer G2)
>do not support SMIL document as a media type.

I too think that it is a very useful thing to have, and am
disappointed that nobody seems to support it.

For an author, splitting a SMIL presentation into several different
SMIL parts allows modularizing the presentation, reuse
chunks of it in another context and make the whole thing more
readable.

-Philipp Hoschka, W3C