Re: SMIL in SMIL?

>>  Can a SMIL presentation include other SMIL presentation?
>
>Nothing in the SMIL spec prevents this

True that nothing in the SMIL spec prevents this, but we can't pretend that
there aren't special issues with a SMIL media source that don't exist with,
say, a video media source. Off the top of my head:

* SMIL files contain a layout element. If I have two SMIL sources within
the same <par>, each defining completely different layout, what should
happen?

* Can a <ref> in a nested SMIL file refer to a region defined by its parent
file?

There are certainly solutions for these (e.g., perhaps <head> is ignored in
nested files), but they're not specified. Leaving these decisions up to
each implementation is asking for trouble.

-jeb