RE: Probable bug in swrl.owl

From: Mike Dean <mdean@bbn.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:00:44 -0700
To: "'Rinke Hoekstra'" <hoekstra@lri.jur.uva.nl>
Cc: <www-rdf-rules@w3.org>

> I just stumbled upon a bug in the swrl.owl file downloadable at
> http://www.w3.org/Submission/SWRL/swrl.owl (this is the version
> submitted to the W3C). The swrl:argument2 property is defined as an
> rdf:Property instead of an owl:ObjectProperty.

argument2 is used with rdfs:Literal values in DatavaluedPropertyAtom and
with owl:Thing values in IndividualPropertyAtom, SameIndividualAtom, and
DifferentIndividualsAtom (see the Restrictions).  It therefore can't be a
DatatypeProperty or an ObjectProperty, but is declared as an rdf:Property
which is a superclass of both.  Unfortunately, this puts the representation
in OWL Full.

An alternative would be to use 2 different properties.

	Mike