URI/RDF math

From: Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:55:21 -0500
To: <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>

Maybe I am waaaay off base here but I got to thinking about an issue that
has been bouncing around www-webont-wg@w3.org:

This whole object property vs. datatype property issue may not be such a big
deal after all ... for most string values one can construct a URI e.g.

data:text/plain;this is a string value wrapped in a URI

but suppose instead of using RDF datatyping (which interfaces to OWL
datatype properties ... sort of), suppose we create URIs of the form:

integer:1
integer:2
integer:n
integer:n+1

can we describe (interesting parts of) math as a graph? would this be an
interesting approach to "datatyping" in RDF/OWL?

food for thought...

Jonathan