RE: Why Triples? (was Re: What do the ontologists want)

From: Danny Ayers <danny@panlanka.net>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 21:01:21 +0600
To: "pat hayes" <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Cc: <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>
    . Ok, we could pass on 4-ary relations, as long as the receiver was
prepared to accept 4-ary structures. How might it be transferred?

  Any number of ways. You could do it in XML, for example. You could do it
using Sexpressions, or even in HTML if you were willing to write a (very)
simple parser. What kind of transfer problems are you worried about?

  Oops!
  What I was trying to ask was how the transfer could take place if the
receiver *wasn't* prepared to accept 4-ary structures - say it only used 5-
or 3-ary?

  (my typing speed overtook my thought processes many years ago, though I'm
still at about 3 wpm)