Re: Reification as nesting

> > >If the verb is used to select the triple, you may find
>situations in which the
> > >selection is ambiguous.  This is either a bug or a feature, depending (as
> > >always) on your perspective.
> >
> > Can you say a little more on this? You have me worried.
>
>Unless I misunderstood what Pat originally said, which is now lost
>in the archive
>somewhere....
>
>If a single subject stands in the same predicate relation to multiple objects
>(e.g., I have multiple children), the predicate/verb does not
>uniquely identify
>the object of the sentence.

Ah, point taken. I guess I was taking the triple itself to be the
thing analogous to the LISP dotted pair, so that it already
identifies its subject and object. This assumes that triples inside a
nest have a unique 'location' (analogous to an address in LISP) so
that they can be pointed at. Maybe this assumption is RDF-inimical?

Pat

IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes