Re: A note comparing Conceptual Graphs and RDF/Semantic Web & N3

From: Je'ro^me Euzenat <Jerome.Euzenat@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:56:22 +0100
To: "Tim Berners-Lee" <timbl@w3.org>, <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>
Hello list and happy new year to all,

In his message (A note comparing Conceptual Graphs and RDF/Semantic
Web) of 8/01/01,
Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
>I have just got hold of Sowa's spec for Conceptual Graph Interchange Format,
>and noted down the comparison bwteeen CGs and the semantic web at
>http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/CG
>for anyone who is interested, or anyone from the CG community who
>would like to verify that it makes any sense.

You might also have a look at the paper:

Olivier Corby, Rose Dieng, Cédric Hébert
A conceptual graph model for W3C Resource Description Framework
published by LNCS in the last Int. Conf. on Conceptual Structures
(Darmstadt 2000) http://www-sop.inria.fr/acacia/pub/iccs.pdf.

This is a very neat piece of work which is backed up by a very
interesting implementation (importing RDF in GC, transforming "RDF
queries" in CG, quering the GC and translating back the answers to
RDF). It is written in Java and I had a very impressive demo. The
tool homepage is:

http://www-sop.inria.fr/acacia/personnel/corby/corese.html

Regards,
--