Re: docs w/ ptrs to vocab, axioms

From: Jim Hendler <jhendler@darpa.mil>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 13:04:18 -0400
To: Jim Farrugia <jim@spatial.maine.edu>, www-rdf-logic@w3.org
Cc: jim@spatial.maine.edu
At 1:17 PM -0600 4/5/01, Jim Farrugia wrote:
>Near the end of the exposition at http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Logic.html
>the author suggests that one way forward for standards would be to allow
>"each document and message on the semantic web to have a pointer to
>the vocabulary [it] uses, including its varieties of logical
>connectives and their [associated] axioms"
>Are people actively investigating this approach?
>Thank you.

For what it's worth - I've been trying to show that idea on my home
page, as part of the Sem Web evangelism I've been doing -- try the
icons on top right
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler -- demos how to do that for
documents in both the SHOE and DAML+OIL langauges.  (HotDAML logos
avaiable from daml.org)

Dr. James Hendler		jhendler@darpa.mil
Chief Scientist, DARPA/ISO	703-696-2238 (phone)
3701 N. Fairfax Dr.		703-696-2201 (Fax)
Arlington, VA 22203		http://www.cs.umd.edu/~hendler