Re: A plea for peace. was: RE: DAML+OIL (March 2001) released: a correction

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@swartzfam.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 12:04:02 -0500
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
CC: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>, RDF Logic <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>
Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:

> But in practice, I don't expect to use reification
> to actually convert between logical formulas
> and RDF 1.0 syntax.

So, to be clear, you are suggesting what?

I would guess you want an RDF 1.5 or RDF 2.0 with built-in primitives for
logic? And this would be done after the work of the current RDF Core group,
no?

And what are your thoughts on the current work doing logic in N3 -- it seems
that this uses reification (the {} braces) to do logic and works just fine.