RE: Semantics of rdfs:subPropertyOf

From: McBride, Brian <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 20:48:35 -0000
To: www-rdf-logic@w3.org
> - Second, as [1] pointed out, inheritance of *values* creates
> problems in
>   case of multiple inheritance. If a property has multiple
> subproperties
>   that are attached to the same resource, it is not clear
> what value the
>   common superproperty will have.

I thought that issue had been resolved earlier in:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2000Aug/0129.html

I had assumed the interpretation was that if resource R has to properties
sp1 with value v1 and sp2  with value v2, where sp1 and sp2 are both
subproperties of p, then has R has two properties P, one with value v1 and
the other with value v2.

i.e.

  sp1(R, v1) & sp2(R, v2) & subPropertyOf(sp1, p) & subPropertyOf(sp2, p) =>

  p(R, v1) & p(R, v2)

I couldn't find any references to this problem at the uri you gave.  Which
section is it in.

Brian McBride
HPLabs