Re: Where to ask questions about RDF specs?

From: Arjohn Kampman <arjohn.kampman@aduna.biz>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:16:48 +0100
To: Peter Seibel <peter@gigamonkeys.com>
CC: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Peter Seibel wrote:
> P.S. As an example, at the moment I'm trying to understand where the
> parent attribute used in various production rules of:
>   <http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#section-Data-Model>
> comes from since none of the events are defined as having a parent
> attribute.

The parent property refers to the enclosing element. Quoting from the
InfoSet spec ( http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-infoset/ ):

An element information item has the following properties:
9. [parent] The document or element information item which contains this
information item in its [children] property.

Hope this helps,

Aduna BV - http://aduna.biz/
Prinses Julianaplein 14-b, 3817 CS Amersfoort, The Netherlands
tel. +31-(0)33-4659987