Re: Where to ask questions about RDF specs?

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 10:09:59 -0500
To: Peter Seibel <peter@gigamonkeys.com>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org, dave@dajobe.org

* Peter Seibel <peter@gigamonkeys.com> [2006-02-25 20:39-0800]

> I'm working on some code that has to deal with RDF in various ways. So
> being a pedantic kind of guy I'm groveling through the specs and
> trying to implement things to the letter of the law. And of course I
> run into stuff that I can't quite make sense of, either because it
> doesn't make sense or because I'm missing something. Is this a good
> forum for asking questions from an implementor's perspective or is
> there somewhere else where those questions would be more appropriate.

This list is fine, though technically we've moved over to use the
semantic-web@w3.org list nowadays; you'll find more active attention
there I think. See http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/interest/ for archives, and

> -Peter
>
> P.S. As an example, at the moment I'm trying to understand where the
> parent attribute used in various production rules of:
>
>   <http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#section-Data-Model>
>
> comes from since none of the events are defined as having a parent
> attribute.

Not quite my corner of the specs, sorry. I'm cc:'ing Dave Beckett in
case he has any insights. BTW if this turns out to be
feedback on the specs themselves, there is another list,
www-rdf-comments@w3.org which gets monitored (when we have an active
working group) for errata etc.

cheers,

Dan