Re: Reification - whats best practice?

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:56:26 +0200, Leo Sauermann <leo@gnowsis.com> wrote:

> Reification is a bad standard, so people flee from it into quads.

My Redland system provides neither reification or quads, keeping
RDF as a triple based system but adding support for data aggregation
of triples internally[1],[2].   Quads are also a bad standard since they
mean different things to different people; i.e. not a standard.

> ...  There
> is no RDF/XML syntax that is usable with Reification.

You could consider N3 formulae {} as a form of reification.

> *I think about joining DAWG :-)
> *I want real life examples and real live RDF that fits real life use cases.

See the DAWG use cases http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-dawg-uc/
and send us comments

Dave
[1] http://www.redland.opensource.ac.uk/notes/contexts.html