Re: Reification - whats best practice?

From: Eric Jain <Eric.Jain@isb-sib.ch>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 11:18:14 +0200
To: Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com
CC: rdf-interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com wrote:
> http://www.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/suhl/bizer/TriQL/

Looks good. I assume this is already implemented somewhere?

My main use case for named graphs, incidently, is something like this:

SELECT
   ?s ?p ?o
WHERE
   ?graph ( ?s ?p ?o )
   ?graph = <urn:lsid:uniprot.org:uniprot:P12345>

Sometimes, the following could also be useful:

SELECT
   ?graph
WHERE
   ?graph ( ?s rdf:type test:Foo .
            ?s property 'Bar')

I store all statements in what you call named graphs as well, but have
not so far thought about integrating the concept into the query
language; may be a good idea. But in any case, I consider this to be a
separate issue from reification (each statement is part of no more than
one named graph, in my setup).