RDF Classes for generic terms

From: Daniel Zambonini <dan.zambonini@boxuk.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:22:35 +0100
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Hi,

I was a bit frustrated with not having a set of generic URIs I could use
for the dc:subject (amongst others) in the RDF instances I produce.  So,
I've knocked up a quick 100 line PHP script that scrapes the XML export
of wikipedia entries, and returns an RDF Class for any wikipedia term
you request...  For example:

http://www.rdfuri.com/wiki/Semantic_Web
http://www.rdfuri.com/wiki/John_Kerry
http://www.rdfuri.com/wiki/OWL
http://www.rdfuri.com/wiki/Owl
http://www.rdfuri.com/wiki/Cardiff
http://www.rdfuri.com/wiki/Politics

(You can use any wikipedia term at the end of the www.rdfuri.com/wiki/
URL).  At the moment, it's just scraping for the title (in the different
languages) and the categories that have been applied.  My two questions
are: a) is this at all useful (or is there a better alternative), and b)
if it is, what other RDF data could be scraped out of the wiki code for
each entry?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Zambonini