Re: RDF Classes for generic terms

From: Eric Jain <Eric.Jain@isb-sib.ch>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:31:21 +0200
To: Daniel Zambonini <dan.zambonini@boxuk.com>
CC: rdf-interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Daniel Zambonini wrote:
> a) is this at all useful (or is there a better alternative)

This is great. I often rdfs:seeAlso to Wikipedia.

Perhaps the Wikipedia people could be convinced to directly offer such a
view of the data. Naturally not all data can be included, but the data
you have included would already be very useful.

 > b) if it is, what other RDF data could be scraped
 > out of the wiki code for each entry?

Unfortunately I am not familiar with their data model.

One comment nevertheless: Would make sense to use rdfs:subClassOf rather
than dc:subject and rdfs:seeAlso for the category?

Incidently, have you had a look at http://www.cyc.com/2004/06/04/cyc?