Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: RDFStyles: alternative to XSLT for RDF

Leo Sauermann wrote:

>>- - write content and style using the same syntax and tools
>

> What tool exactly are you talking about ?
> most RDF editors I have seen are really "bad", it takes much longer to
> write some RDF than any other thing. I refer to
> *OntoEdit
> *Protege
> *Infered
>
> To create styles as you described, I would say they are "less then
> useful".
>
> The best way to write a XSLT stylesheet is XMLSpy, thats what I have
> experienced in projects. The better way would be some WYSIWYG tool.
>
> So I think you will have to write a special editor for such a
> Style-expressed-in-rdf thing, or you create a special syntax that is
> easier to write than RDF/XML.

That's what I did for GSS, which is RDF-based: IsaViz offers a
specialized editor [1] for creating GSS stylesheets visually, which can
then be exported to RDF (RDF/XML or Notation3).

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/11/IsaViz/gss/gssmanual.html#frend

Emmanuel

--
Emmanuel Pietriga (epietriga@nuxeo.com)