XPATH for RDF ?

From: Leo Sauermann <leo@gnowsis.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:45:57 +0200
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Is there a project that does a thing similiar to "XPATH" for RDF ?

Selecting TRIPLES or PARTS of triples by single strings, like xpath does
for XSLT ?

We cannot use XPATH, as there is million ways in noting the simple
statement

<dc:Document rdf:about="http://test.com/test"
	dc:author="Leo" />
</dc:Document>

f.e.
<rdf:triple>
	<rdf:subject> ....
	<rdf:object>...

(It's awful how many ways we have to note the same information, I hope
some RDF/XML-LITE vocabulary subset will evolve to simplify parsers a
bit)

So XML parsing won't work, we need a XPATH-thing that has a RDF graph as
a basis for data querying.

WHO DOES THIS ?

HOW FAR ARE THEY ?

IS IT W3C ?