Spaces in an ID, e.g., "Top Secret"?

From: Roger L. Costello <costello@mitre.org>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 09:59:14 -0400
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
CC: "Costello,Roger L." <costello@mitre.org>

Hi Folks,

Suppose that I define Top Secret as an instance of Classification:

<owl:Class rdf:ID="Classification"/>

<Classification rdf:ID="TopSecret"/>

Note that I named it "TopSecret" and not "Top Secret", since there
cannot be a space in an ID value.

A couple of days ago I presented this naming idea to some intel folks
and they rejected it violently ...  "The security label is 'Top Secret'
not TopSecret.  If ontologies cannot support a space then ontologies
cannot be used".

What do you suggest that I do?  Is there anything that I can do?  /Roger