Need compelling story on the value of ontologies in fusing location-based data

From: Roger L. Costello <costello@mitre.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:26:04 -0400
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
CC: "Costello,Roger L." <costello@mitre.org>

Hi Folks,

I need to give a talk (soon) on the benefits of ontologies to some folks
whose data is location-dependent.  That is, their data is for a specific
location (expressed as a lat/lon), at a specific time.

I think that they would be very impressed if I could show how the
information in ontologies  may be used to help fuse (aggregate) their
data with other data that corresponds to the same location.

If anyone has ideas on creating a compelling story along these lines
please let me know.  /Roger