Re: OWL database schemas?

On Dec 30, 2003 09:33 PM, Benjamin Nowack <bnowack@appmosphere.com> wrote:

Dear Benjamin,

KAON only supports a slight extension of RDFS, the schema for storage employed in KAON is documented
in http://kaon.semanticweb.org/Members/rvo/KAON_Dev_Guide.pdf

We are currently working on support for OWL; the storage scheme we use here is very simple since we create unary predicates/tables for every class and binary predicates/tables for every property, the semantics of the ontology is translated to rules that operate on top of these predicates. The OWL ontology definition itself is not stored in the database but kept in main memory, we actually did not encounter any ontology yet where this strategy did not work

All the best

Raphael

--

Raphael Volz