Normalize Ontologies?

From: Eli Israel <Eli@SemanticWorld.Org>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:03:56 +0300
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
I work designing Semantic Models (ontologies) for corporate clients.

Often, in the course or training, they ask for best practices in modeling - and I have a collection of best practices that I have personally come to.  Many of the best practices of data modeling carry over, but ontology development is different enough from data modeling, and the uses are different enough, that I pause before declaring that the best practices can be imported.

Particularly, I am thinking about normalization.

Has any thought been put into normalizing ontologies?

Eli Israel
www.Unicorn.com
www.SemanticWorld.Org