Re: Enhancing Data Interoperability with Ontologies, Canonical Forms, and Include Files

From: Richard H. McCullough <rhm@cdepot.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 21:11:24 -0700
To: "Roger L. Costello" <costello@mitre.org>
Cc: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

I must strongly object to these statements in your paper:
Ontologies can't State Relationships which Involve Transformations
Ontologies are not able to state relationships between entities that are
related via a transformation

The facts are:
Transformations are just special cases of actions.
Actions are just special cases of properties.
Any general purpose ontology must include actions!!!

Dick McCullough
knowledge haspart proposition list;