Re: Enhancing Data Interoperability with Ontologies, Canonical Forms, and Include Files

From: Roger L. Costello <costello@mitre.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 05:38:12 -0400
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
CC: "Costello,Roger L." <costello@mitre.org>

Hi Dick,

"Richard H. McCullough" wrote:

> The facts are:
> Transformations are just special cases of actions.
> Actions are just special cases of properties.
> Any general purpose ontology must include actions!!!

Can you show me how in *OWL* to represent this relationship:

   "A Length expressed in Kilometers is equivalent to a
    Length expressed in Miles multiplied by 1.609344"

Unless you know some feature of OWL that I am not aware of then this
relationship is not expressable.

There may be other ontology languages that can express this.  But not
RDFS or OWL.  /Roger