ANN: Enhancing Data Interoperability with Ontologies, Canonical Forms, and Include Files

From: Roger L. Costello <costello@mitre.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 10:19:53 -0400
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
CC: "Costello,Roger L." <costello@mitre.org>

Hi Folks,

Several weeks ago we had an excellent discussion on expressing the
relationship of entities that use different units-of-measure.  The more
general problem is - how do we express relationships that require a
transformation between the entities?

Based upon our discussions I have synthesized an approach to expressing
transformation relationships, and an approach that applications can take
to use this relationship information to enhance interoperability.  Here
is the URL to the paper I have written:

   http://www.xfront.com/interoperability/CanonicalForms.html

Comments are welcome.  /Roger