Re: Contexts (spinoff from copy and wrap rdf statements)

From: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:08:22 -0800
To: David Menendez <zednenem@psualum.com>
CC: rdfig <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

David Menendez wrote:

>> I'm ok with both of thoses; but we don't end up with a URI for the graph.
>
> That's an artifact of N3. It shouldn't matter whether a resource
> representing a graph is identified by a URIref or not. N3 just doesn't
> have a convenient way to say what that identifier is.
>
> So, there's no reason why you couldn't do something like:
>
> <#Graph1234> dc:source <http://example.org/c.rdf>.
>
> Where <#Graph1234> indicates a resource corresponding to a graph of
> statements derived from <http://example.org/c.rdf>.

Well all the triples in the graph I'm trying to come up with are not
encoded in *just one* rdf document.  That was the point of the use case
at the bottom of my last post [1].  How doe we allow *multiple* rdf
documents to assert triples to the *same*  graph ?

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2002Nov/0386.html

Seth Russell