Re: Contexts (spinoff from copy and wrap rdf statements)

At 12:08 PM -0800 2002-11-25, Seth Russell wrote:
>Well all the triples in the graph I'm trying to come up with are not
>encoded in *just one* rdf document.  That was the point of the use
>case at the bottom of my last post [1].  How doe we allow *multiple*
>rdf documents to assert triples to the *same*  graph ?
>
>[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2002Nov/0386.html

In your example, in order for an agent to know the contents of the
graph <http://example.org/context/cats.rdf#ThisGraph>, it would need
to know the contents of every document on the web which asserts
statements in that context. Since that is impossible, the best it
could do is generate a subgraph of
<http://example.org/context/cats.rdf#ThisGraph>.

Aside from having a name for an abstract graph of information about
cats, what is the difference between that scenario and one where
everyone just asserts facts about their own cats and agents collect
the information and generate their own graphs?
--
Dave Menendez - zednenem@psualum.com - http://www.eyrie.org/~zednenem/