Re: a URI is a name (tel uri scheme and VCARD RDF)

Patric,

Sorry, I do not see how I left out something?
As Alexander noted, there is no semantics in the value of an id attribute.
So an assertion:
<rdf:Description rdf:ID="askdhjgal">
   <rtm:indicatedBy rdf:resource="http://www.w3c.org"/>
</rdf:Description>
is not different from:
<rdf:Description rdf:ID="dfngdfng">
   <rtm:indicatedBy rdf:resource="http://www.w3c.org"/>
</rdf:Description>

Actually, from topic maps point of view in this case subjects of these
two assertions are identical and are subject to merging.

Or may be I had missed your point?

--Nikita

patrick.stickler@nokia.com]

rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#Resource"/>
> >  <rdfs:comment>Subject Indicating Resource</rdfs:comment>
> > </daml:UnumbiguousProperty>
> >
> > <daml:UnumbiguousProperty rdf:ID="constitutedBy">
> >  <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#topic"/>
> >  <rdfs:range
rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#Resource"/>
> >  <rdfs:comment>Subject Constituting Resource</rdfs:comment>
> > </daml:UnumbiguousProperty>
> >
> > So that I can say in one document:
> >
> > <rdf:Description rdf:ID="w3c">
> >   <rtm:indicatedBy rdf:resource="http://www.w3c.org"/>
> > </rdf:Description>
> > <rdf:Description rdf:ID="w3cwebsite">
> >   <rtm:constitutedBy rdf:resource="http://www.w3c.org"/>
> > </rdf:Description>
>
> The problem here is that you've left out a valid assertion,
> which shows why you can't escape the ambiguity even with
> such specialized properties. I.e.
>
> <rdf:Description rdf:ID="w3cwebsite">
>   <rtm:indicatedBy rdf:resource="http://www.w3c.org"/>
> </rdf:Description>
>
> Even though it is fair to presume that one would not say
>
> <rdf:Description rdf:ID="w3c">
>   <rtm:constitutedBy rdf:resource="http://www.w3c.org"/>
> </rdf:Description>

--Nikita.