Re: Contexts? (again)

From: Miles Sabin <miles@milessabin.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 13:35:08 +0000
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Sandro Hawke wrote,
> My current suggested truth predicate is WellFormedAndTrue, where
> being well-formed includes being able to be re-written in a
> truth-preserving manner to a form without negated self-references;
> this is (as far as I can tell) what KIF3 had, before they took it out
> as being unnecessary for the intended apps.

Doesn't this just give us another variant of the liar?

  This statement is not WellFormedAndTrue

If it's false then it's both true and well-formed. If it's true then
it's either false or not well-formed. The only fixed point is "true but
not well-formed", and now you have to explain what _that_ means ...
seems a little fishy: true, but not rewritable in a truth preserving
way to a form without negated self-references?

Cheers,

Miles