RE: Can RDF thrive in an XML-centric world?

From: David Menendez <zednenem@psualum.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 01:29:22 -0500
To: "Jon Hanna" <jon@spin.ie>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

At 3:43 PM +0000 2002-11-05, Jon Hanna wrote:
>"Hardly" is enough for a format that co-exists with others.
<snip>
>if I have rules on how the rdf content is formatted in my particular
>document type.

So you would effectively have multiple variants of RDF/XML that can
be read by a generic XML/RDF parser but require specialized tools to
generate. I can see the usefulness of that.

What about pure RDF situations, such as storage or transfer between
applications? Is there an advantage to using XML in those?

--
Dave Menendez - zednenem@psualum.com - http://www.eyrie.org/~zednenem/