RE: Can RDF thrive in an XML-centric world?

From: Jon Hanna <jon@spin.ie>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:43:25 -0000
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

> I stand by my "hardly".

"Hardly" is enough for a format that co-exists with others. If we had to
choose between only RDF/XML and only N3 or something else it would be a
different matter.

Extracting dc:titles that way is a hack: for
> example, you'd also need to get attribute values in case that instance's
> author used abbreviated syntax (which they could do without changing the
> graph).

Not if I have rules on how the rdf content is formatted in my particular
document type. Most RSS parsers aren't built on top of RDF parsers.