Re: Common RDF parser bug?

From: Arthur Barstow <barstow@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 21:15:21 -0500
To: "Sandro Hawke" <sandro@w3.org>
Cc: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
From: "Sandro Hawke" <sandro@w3.org>
> I think the text from M&S is simply expressing a cardinality
> constraint, part of the M&S (informal) ontology.  Therefor this
> constraint should be handled when/if other ontology information is
> handled, and not in the RDF parser.

This sounds like revisionist history to me, Sandro :-)

Now that we have 2-3 years of experience with M&S and some ontology layers
on top of RDF, the W3C's position on the statement in question is that it is
about
"M&S's informal ontology"?

Since M&S never mentions ontologies, if there is some type of informal/implied
ontology, will  the RDF Core WG makes it explicit [and clarify the statement
in question]?