Re: Graph data anyone?

Danny

I have a look at your pages about visualization of RDF and I found that your
software looks excellent
I just have a few notices. I tried to use different RDF visualization
software (primarily that RDFViz) in last half year and have some comments
RDF Schema of data as usual not intended for visualization of data. The
primary objectives of RDF (DAML) Schema  development is
    to provide best semantic description of data,
For such aims as  to represent data so it would be easily to implement
information retrieval operations on them, perform reasoning, exctract
knowledge, but not vizualize
Good vizualization of result is not usually a key  factor considered in
development of most schemas. So when you try to vizualize data you get
something correct, but not easy to understand and use.
It would be very good if  some instructions to  vizualizer could be provided
to make vizualized graph more usable
The simplest, but are very important features (at least for my cases) for
RDF vizualization
1 instances of some classes must be ommited from the graph
2 the some properties must be ommited from the graph
3 values of some properties must be used to label nodes and edges
4 some paths must be replaced by one edge
But all rules can not be described.
It would very good to have some canonical DAML schema intended only for
vizualization which defines such terms as node, edge, their attributes
(length, color of borders, filling-in color, label, position).
Then application, knowing about requirement to vizualize data,  can
transform real RDF data into RDF data for vizualization. It'll solve a lot
of my problems

Best regards
MSc Andrei S. Lopatenko
Researcher