RE: what RDF is not (was ...)

From: Miles Sabin <msabin@interx.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 16:27:56 -0000
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Mark Baker wrote,
> To you and everybody else, that URI should be treated as opaque.
> You shouldn't be assuming anything about the structure I may or may
> not have designed into it.  I assert that it identifies every
> segments in your line, and nothing you can do can change that.  Nah
> nah nah! 8-)

Umm ... so remind me of the point of this semantic web thingy then?
Wasn't it supposed to have something to do with communication?

BTW, in _my_ private, opaque, incommunicable lexicon "Nah nah nah!
8-)" translates as "I lose :-(". You don't like my convention?
Tough ;-)

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin                                     InterX
Internet Systems Architect                      27 Great West Road